Monday, January 09, 2012

Exploring Quinoa for Breakfast

I haven't eaten a lot of quinoa, but I've liked it very much the few times I've had it.  One memorable dinner was during Lent and featured lots of quinoa pilaf, shrimp and salad.  Very delish.  So, I bought some, put it in my freezer because I read somewhere that it gets rancid easily, and then promptly forgot about it. Last night, while rummaging through my freezer, I came up that year-old package of quinoa and promptly cooked the entire thing.  Now, I have quite a bit of quinoa in my fridge.

This is the breakfast that I packed for work this morning.  It is very yummy and only 8 WW points+.  This packs a huge nutritional wallop and make more than most people would eat first thing in the morning.  I'm a grazer, so this will all get eaten up by lunch time.





Quinoa Breakfast

1 cup cooked quinoa
1 apple, diced
1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
Stevia to taste


No comments: