Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Fat-free Fruited Broccoli Salad - 1pts+

Sometimes, necessity is the mother of invention.  It was 4 pm, and I still didn't know what I was bringing to a July 4th party at 5 pm.  All I knew was that the host said "something fruity" and talked about a few side dishes - so, no dessert.  The day had simply gotten away from me, so I had to get inventive - and FAST!

Check the fridge: not much.... some carrots, scallions, lemon juice, soy sauce, two really ripe and juicy peaches.   Check the freezer:  broccoli florets and sunflower seeds.  Add in a diced apple and some craisins, and you have a salad that won't wilt!

This dressing is so amazingly delicious, but I just threw things together, so I knew I better write a post so I won't forget.  I will definitely want to make this dressing again and again and again!

Dressing:
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C pure maple syrup
2 Tbs lite soy sauce
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs dijon mustard (already prepared)
1 C fat free plain yogurt

Whisk everything together till smooth, then taste for salt, sour and sweet.

make approximately 1 3/4 C dressing; entire dressing recipe is 10 WW points+
 1.5 pts+ per 1/4 C
1 points+ per 3 Tbs

1 comment:

bagelsandbrownies said...

I have gone through the Blog. This is an amazing Blog. Thanks for your amazing recipes. The Recipes are really good and I try to make them . Now, I have been doing work as a cook at Bakeries Delhi of Bagels and Brownies. Anyone can buy cakes online from cake delivery delhi site.