Monday, October 16, 2006

Tortellini Salad


Sometimes you buy things at the grocery store with good intentions of cooking them, but instead, they sit around becoming a science experiment in your fridge, or gathering dust in your pantry. These cheese tortellini sat in my pantry for months before I decided to cook them last week. DD and I discussed how to eat them - with a quick marinara, or maybe with aglia e olio, or even pesto? We finally settled on making a pasta salad with them so that we would have lunches for a couple of days. This was very tasty and some of my coworkers offered to pay me to make their lunches. I think it was a success!



Tortellini Salad

12 oz cheese tortellini, cooked
1 C sliced green olives
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 C lemon juice
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
salt and pepper

Mix all together, being careful to not break up the tortellini. Taste for salt and pepper and enjoy!

No comments: