Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Pasta and Zucchini Salad


I was given some large zucchini which have been sitting in my fridge for a week and needed to be used. I grilled one on the George Foreman type of grill (mine is a Hamilton Beach) and used half of one in this salad. As I was chopping and getting things put together for the salad, I decided at the last minute to add some chopped green Manzanilla olives for their salt and vinegar quotient (and because I just love them!) and some pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) for their nutrition and their crunch. This salad turned out very delicious - so much so that dear daughter and I ate it all in one sitting!

Pasta and Zucchini Salad
8 oz salad pasta
8 oz fresh, raw zucchini, cubed
1/4 C minced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 C chopped green olives
1/4 C pepitas
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 - 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil

Cook the pasta till al dente then toss with all the other ingredients. This is delicious to eat while still warm!

5 Stars!

No comments: