Sunday, April 16, 2006

Open Faced Sandwiches


It was lunchtime, and I really needed to go food shopping. In the fridge there was a little lima bean dip left, a tomato and some bread..... the answer to what we were going to eat for lunch was pretty easy! No real recipe here, but this is what I did. You can do exactly the same thing, just use what is in YOUR fridge.

First I toasted some bread in the toaster oven. Once it was toasted to our liking, I spread some dip over the bread, layered sliced tomatoes over, sprinkled with a little bit of Cavender's Greek Seasoning (my current favorite), and topped with some vegan provolone (Yves vegan deli slices). Melted the cheese under the broiler in the toaster oven, and man oh man, was it delicious, and filling too! Had an apple for dessert.

No comments: